- Artist in Residence, Bemis Center. Omaha, Nebraska.
- Four Women. Quotidien. Los Angeles, California. Curated by jill moniz. Opening: September 9, 2-6pm, closing October 22.
- Challenger Deep. Garden LA. Los Angeles, California. Sept. 1-October 14.
- Artist in residence, SOMA Summer. Mexico City, Mexico.
- Dean's Dissertation Fellowship recipient for Summer Research, UC-Irvine.
- Dean's Scholarship. Claire Trevor School of Art. UC-Irvine.
- Associate Artist, Residency #169 with Terrance Hayes at Atlantic Center for the Arts.
- Participating artist, Session 2: Capturing the Transitory, Pilchuck Glass School with merit scholarship
- Present Tense. Irvine Fine Arts Center. Irvine, CA. April 27-May 26th.
- Awarded UC MEXUS research grant
- Awarded Medici Circle Scholarship
- Individual Artist Grant (category: photography), Puffin Foundation
- SoCal MFA Exhibition 2018. Millard Sheets Art Center. Pomona, CA. Juried by Howard N. Fox. March 24th- June 2nd, 2018
- Positive/Negative 33. East Tennessee University. Johnson, Tennessee. Juried by Margaret Winslow, Curator of Contemporary Art at the Delaware Art Museum. March 1 to April 6, 2018.
- Essay, "the thing left there to pick up," commissioned for the exhibition Jamal Cyrus x Jamire Williams: Boogaloo & The Midnite Hour at Lawndale Art Center, Houston, Texas. link
- Sustainability and the Public Good. California State University-LA Fine Art Gallery. January 25, 2018 -February 24, 2018
- The Great Compromise. UC Irvine Art Galleries. Irvine, CA. February 24, 2018- March 17, 2018.
- Of Darkness: Of Risk. published in Not That but This. link.
- Participating writer in January issue of What's the New News., a community-based project organized by Nathaniel Donnett as part of Project Row Houses' Project/Site, a new temporary public art commission based program.
October /November 2017
- Featured in Issue 6 of Spook magazine. link.
- "In Conversation with Jared Sexton," by Virginia Arce and Charisse Pearlina Weston in Haunt Journal of Art, vol. 4. link.
- can you feel the siren. 'Days,' Los Angeles. October 29th, November 5th, November 12th and November 19th, 5-7. Organized by Meital Yaniv and Nora Beckman.
- maybe all of us at once. The Los Angeles Contemporary Archive. Sunday, July 30th, 4-6:30pm.
- Sing the Body at CB1 Gallery in Los Angeles, CA--opening June 3. Curated by Soo Kim and Virginia Teresa Arce.
- Awarded Juror's Choice Award by Anthony Graham (Assistant Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego) at Southern California/Baja Biennial. San Diego Institute of Art.
- Experimental Music Performance: "May with Charisse Pearlina Weston" at the Station Museum. December 17th, 2pm. Part of Bayoudiversity, a project by Alabama Song in conjunction with the exhibition Friendly Fire.
- Southern California/Baja California Biennial. San Diego Institute of Art. On view: December 10th to January 29th.
- Poems “On Sinking” and “Interlude” will appear in PVR 10. Pomona Valley Review. Issue 10. published by California State Polytechnic University.
- Southern Constellations Fellow and Artist in Residence at Elsewhere Museum in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Associate Artist at Atlantic Center for the Arts: Residency 162 with Master Artist Dana Hoey.
- The School of Experimental Work: Audio Visual series begins.
- Selected as a grant recipient for the Dallas Museum of Art's Arch and Anne Giles Kimbrough Fund.
- In residence at Vermont Studio Center - B Session.
- Installation, The Red Book of Houston, reviewed in Arts and Culture Texas.
- Selected as a recipient of a 2015 Individual Artist Award from the Santo Foundation!
- Selected as one of five Artadia awardees!
- Selected as 2015 Artadia finalist!
- Performance featured in Voices Breaking Boundaries Borderlines Vol: 2 publication.
- Installation "Red Book of Houston: A Compendium of the New Black Metropolis" on view at Project Row Houses as part of Round 43: Small Business/Big Change: Economic Perspectives from Artists and Artrepreneurs until February 28.