October /November 2017
- can you feel the siren. 'Days,' Los Angeles. October 29th, November 5th, November 12th and November 19th. Organized by Meital Yaniv.
- maybe all of us at once. The Los Angeles Contemporary Archive. Sunday, July 30th, 4-6:30pm.
- Sing the Body at CB1 Gallery in Los Angeles, CA--opening June 3. Curated by Soo Kim and Virginia Teresa Arce.
- Awarded Juror's Choice Award by Anthony Graham (Assistant Curator, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego) at Southern California/Baja Biennial. San Diego Institute of Art.
- Experimental Music Performance: "May with Charisse Pearlina Weston" at the Station Museum. December 17th, 2pm. Part of Bayoudiversity, a project by Alabama Song in conjunction with the exhibition Friendly Fire.
- Southern California/Baja California Biennial. San Diego Institute of Art. On view: December 10th to January 29th.
- Poems “On Sinking” and “Interlude” will appear in PVR 10. Pomona Valley Review. Issue 10. published by California State Polytechnic University.
- Southern Constellations Fellow and Artist in Residence at Elsewhere Museum in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Associate Artist at Atlantic Center for the Arts: Residency 162 with Master Artist Dana Hoey.
- The School of Experimental Work: Audio Visual series begins.
- Selected as a grant recipient for the Dallas Museum of Art's Arch and Anne Giles Kimbrough Fund.
- In residence at Vermont Studio Center - B Session.
- Installation, The Red Book of Houston, reviewed in Arts and Culture Texas.
- Selected as a recipient of a 2015 Individual Artist Award from the Santo Foundation!
- Selected as one of five Artadia awardees!
- Selected as 2015 Artadia finalist!
- Performance featured in Voices Breaking Boundaries Borderlines Vol: 2 publication.
- Installation "Red Book of Houston: A Compendium of the New Black Metropolis" on view at Project Row Houses as part of Round 43: Small Business/Big Change: Economic Perspectives from Artists and Artrepreneurs until February 28.